geoglobe

Sunday, January 22, 2012

My Makeup Collection/Storage

I always find it enjoyable perusing through other bloggers ways of storing their makeup/makeup collection posts. I find them inspiring and they can give you some great ideas of how to set your own up. Plus, I think we all do love a good nosey if we're being truthful. It must be a woman thing?

Quite a while ago, I uploaded a post about My Dressing Table set up and how I stored my beauty essentials. However, I haven't written an actual makeup collection post before. Due to me soon moving out, and into my first home with my boyfriend, I thought that I would put this little post together. As in the next month, my makeup storage will look completely different as I will be in a completely different location. I'm really excited!

As before, I'm still storing my makeup in the little chest of drawers below. You can pick yourself one of these up from WHSmiths - they have all different designs, so you can choose one to suit yourself.

The drawers consist of three small drawers, two medium and one large drawer at the bottom.


Here is how I store my makeup brushes;
I wanted them to be at hand, in an easy to reach place. I picked up these little vase/fishbowl type glass bowls from Hobbycraft as well as the small clear beads inside to aid the brushes to be kept in standing position.

Most of my makeup brushes consist of Sigma brushes, with the odd MAC and couple of Elf brushes. I also have just a few random ones which I've accumulated over the years from various makeup kits.


Next up, I have a little black box where I keep my rings, and an old Glossybox where I store my false eyelashes. The empty Glossyboxes come in really handy for storage.


Now that you have seen my actual storage methods, I've broken down the photos into what I keep in each drawer of my Cupcake chest. I do like to be as organised as I can, keeping similar items together in one drawer.

The 1st drawer; Various Highstreet Lipsticks
Lipsticks by Topshop, MUA, Barry M, Revlon, Elf, and Sleek.



The 2nd Drawer; High End Lipstick brands
MAC lipsticks in the shades - Myth, Creme D'nude, Viva Glam Gaga 2, Hue, Creme Cup x2, Shy Girl, Vegas Volt, Costa Chic, Impassioned, Cruella Deville Venomous Villains, Up the Amp, Ravishing, Snob.
YSL Lipstick in Peach Fambourg.

The 3rd Drawer; Other lip products both a mixture of high and low end brands.
Lipliners by MAC & Topshop, Lipglosses by MAC, Dior, Eyeko, Barry M, MeMeMe, Bourjois.



The 4th Drawer; Blushers and Bronzers
MAC MSF Natural in Medium Plus, MAC MSF in Soft & Gentle, MC Bronzer in Refined Golden, MAc Blushers in Style, Well Dressed, Blushbaby & Dessert Rose, Elf blushers in Candid Coral, Tickled Pink, Pink Passion, Elf Bronzer, Bourjois Chocolate bronzer & Bronzers by Gosh, H&M, Eyeko Tinted Cream.



The 5th Drawer; Foundations, Concealer, Tinted Moisturisers.
MAC Studio Fix Fluids in NW20, NW22 x2, NW25 and NW30, Revlon Photoready foundation in 004, 005 x2 and 007, Benefit High Beam highlighter, Chanel Mat Lumiere in 50, Lancome concealer, various Dior, Clains & Bobbi Brown samples, No7 & Liz Earle tinted moisturiser, Vivo highlighting cream.



The 6th Drawer; All things eye related - Shadows, liners, mascara.
Various liquid liners, eye pencils in various brands, mascara, x2 Sleek eyeshadow palettes in Storm & Original. Urban Decay naked palette, MAC pigment pot, Urban Decay palette (not sure on the name, but it has a gun on the packaging, HD Brows palette, various Barry M dazzle dusts, MUA pots, Elf duos and H&M shadows. Empty MAC quad (for when I travel).


My larger palettes;
MAC eyeshadow palette (incomplete) with shades Carbon, Nylon, Woodwinked, Satin Taupe, Wedge.
Elf 32 pc eyeshadow palette and eBay Blush Palette.


My false eyelashes;
Various eBay lashes, Vivo, MAC and random glues.


So, there you have it - my makeup collection/storage in all it's glory. I do feel that it has grown rapidly since joining the beauty community. However, i do not feel the need to hoard crazy amounts as some do. Collecting vast amounts of makeup is quite a few peoples hobbies, just not for me. All the makeup I do have, I use and none goes to waste. If i do come across something I don't use, I will usually pass on to my Mum, sister or friends rather than hoard it.

I'd love to see your posts, so if you have them, feel free to link me in the comments.

How do you store your makeup? What do you think to makeup collections? Are you an impulse buyer? Do you buy something just because it's raved about? Or do you prefer to only repurchase when you've ran out? I'd love to hear your thoughts..



No comments:

Post a Comment